MATH.PICK – Warehouse Optimisation Software
Warehouse Optimisation using mathematical processes in the areas of optimisation and statistics
Optimal assignment of goods to picking stations and route optimisation
By positioning goods in an optimal manner in the warehouse, we can achieve a 20% reduction in the route distances (this is dependent on the starting situation). This means a significant reduction in total picking costs.
This calculation takes the following factors (including others) into account:
- State of the picking stations, including capacity, height, warehouse level, etc.
- Condition of the goods, such as distribution according to article groups, weight or breadth (General principle: “light on heavy”)
- Conditions in the warehouse such as one way systems, corridors for passage, block warehouse, etc.
- Variable capacities in the picking station vehicles
- Condition and capacity of the picking loaders (roll container, pallets, different boxes, etc.)
- Capacity limits such as the number of pallets required according to the corridor or the time and on the basis of real order information
Shop friendly picking – Transport optimisation
- Lowered loading costs, better loading quality and a reduction in transport damage via the optimal utilisation of the space available on the transport vehicle
- Selecting the articles to be transported based on given priorities and delivery dates
- Supporting diverse load carriers, various pallet types and roll containers, raised floors and sub load carriers such as tubs for transporting delicate goods
- Different approaches according to the product range in the picking areas; pallets for large or heavy articles, roll containers for glass, etc.
- Special articles can be planned as filled goods or bulky goods outside the load carriers; special attention paid to whole pallets
- Automatic calculation is supported, individual fine setting per transport possible; detailed reports
- Supports a repeating route plan and the option of changes on a daily basis